Within just 5 years since winning a plus-size model search for American Apparel, Nadia Aboulhosn has become one of the most in-demand plus-size bloggers, models, and designers around. From appearing in Vogue Italia, Complex Magazine, Refinery 29, PAPER Magazine, and BuzzFeed among many, and after designing her first capsule collection with Addition Elle in Fall 2015 (with key looks showcased on the runway at New York Fashion Week!), we are so thrilled to announce our second collaboration with Nadia.
This 17-piece collection is inspired by an urban chic aesthetic and Nadia promises statement-making, body-confident clothes that reflect her signature cool-girl style. Oh, and guess what! Looks from her new collection will once again be featured at Addition Elle’s runway show at New York Fashion Week on September 14!
In celebration of Nadia’s unique style and very candid nature, we wanted to ask her 21 questions she wouldn’t expect from us. Here’s what you didn’t know about her personal life and her upcoming fall collection with Addition Elle!
- What are you wearing right now?
- How long did it take you to get ready? 25 minutes tops
- Is that faster or longer than usual? It’s about normal because I never really do my hair or make up. Just some mascara and picking out my outfit.
- What’s your favorite Snapchat filter?
- What is your favorite piece from your new collection with Addition Elle? My favorite piece is the black mesh bodysuit and the oversized black denim jacket.
- What beauty products are you obsessed with these days? Maybelline Falsies mascara, Too Faced bronzer, Proactiv Green Tea moisturizer.
- Open your music app, take a screenshot, and show us what was the last song you listened to.
- What was the last thing you ate today? A chicken flauta with guacamole.
- Any weekend plans? Prepping for a trip to LA and work!
- What are you watching on Netflix these days? Stranger Things and repeat episodes of Friends and The Office.
- Name someone you admire who you’d love to see wearing looks from your collection. I want to see everyone wearing it haha.
- What do you want people to know about this collection? That we really put thought into what isn’t in the plus market right now to give people more clothing options.
- What emotions did you face between your first and second collection with Addition Elle? First collection was “is this really happening”, this collection for NYFW is going to be “wait…is this real life?”
- What do you love most about fall? The smell and season change.
- Planning on dressing up for Halloween? Possibly. I’m always debating each year. If I do it’s going to be Joanne the Scammer.
- Oouuu, and your favorite candy? Jelly Beans and Swedish Fish.
- Ok, let’s come back to September…want to tell us what you’re planning to wear to New York Fashion Week? I haven’t planned yet because I still have a few weeks and my mood changes but as of now it’s probably going to be a tight dress.
- What is your favorite place in the world? Somewhere outside with pretty landscape.
- What is the 1 item in your closet you’ve worn the most? Boyfriend jeans.
- Which part of your body do you love the most? My eyebrows and/or legs.
- Who is the last person that made you smile? My best friend Shevah
So are you as excited as we are for Nadia Aboulhosn’s new collection? Let us know by commenting below!
Photo credits: 1, 4, 5, 7 – Nadia Aboulhosn; 10, 16 – Wikipedia; 15 – Branden Miller; 19 – Addition Elle; 21 – Shevah Vahdatpour